- Board Member, Center for Plain Language
- Co-Chair, ClearMark Awards, 2015 – 2017
- Appointed Member, International Plain Language Federation
- Member, Richmond Business Council, Greater Richmond Chamber
- Member, Workforce Development Committee, Greater Richmond Chamber
- Member, Plain Language Association International (PLAIN)
- Member, Clarity International
- Graduate, University of Virginia, bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature
- Certificant, University of Richmond, Adult Teaching
Meghan’s approach to language reflects her numbers wizardry, insatiable curiosity, and bookworm nature. She believes there is a difference between good communications and effective communications — and clarity is at the heart of this division. Whether coaching corporate employees, improving content ecosystems, or refining verbal brands, Meghan uses empathy and plain language to build strong connections between companies and their audiences.
Ultimately, Meghan’s knack for strategic communication helps clients understand — and unleash — the power of language. She has over a decade of professional writing experience and has provided precise, compelling content for organizations ranging from tech startups to global corporations. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Meghan served as a copywriter at Wachovia Securities and senior technical editor at Capital One.
Everyone deserves to understand what they have to read, but today, confusing content costs people time, money — and at worst — their lives. I know that with the right tools and perspectives, anyone can choose clarity, and I want to spread the word!
Ride horses, cook like crazy, work on essays, mentor the coolest teenager around, run the river trails, and read everything I can get my hands on. And most importantly, I spend time with my young son, wonderful husband, and fabulous family.