- Former Co-Owner, The Idea Center (full-service advertising/marketing) in Richmond, Virginia
- Assistant Pre-K Teacher at West End Presbyterian Church Preschool
- Former Editor, Marketing Rep and Proposal Writer in the environmental industry
- Volunteer on mission projects and summer camps with Mount Vernon Baptist, Hope, and Area 10 churches
- Leader of a team of in-home bakers that supplied inner-city drug-recovery ministry through Vessels of Mercy International
- Recipient of “Outstanding Advertising Student of the Year” award upon graduation from VCU
- Graduate, Virginia Commonwealth University, Cum Laude, Mass Communications, 1988
Lia is a thoughtful listener and high-energy achiever who enjoys helping clients solve communication challenges. Having served during her career as a small business owner, contractor, and employee, she brings over 25 years of professional experience. She understands the guts and commitment required to launch and run a business, as well as creatively concept and promote services and ideas. Lia has worked as copywriter, technical writer, blogger, editor, interviewer, voice talent, and more for local and national B2B and B2C organizations.
Communication that is true and powerful is her passion. As a Zuula communications associate and writer, she especially enjoys learning the “why” behind clients’ passions and goals — and strategically using language to inspire audiences to act.
When communications are clear, great outcomes occur: Instructions are easy to follow, messages are well-received, and benefits become obvious and realized.
Read avidly about organic nutrition, go for long runs, visit my daughter at GMU, and take aimless drives with my son listening to comedy radio. I also enjoy impromptu day-adventures to new eateries or parks with my husband and teenage kids. In my spare time, I’m writing a book-in-progress about parenting with purpose.