- Member, Center for Plain Language
- Member, Plain Language Association International (PLAIN)
- Member, Clarity International
- Co-Chair, ClearMark Awards, 2015 – 2017
- Member, Richmond Business Council, Greater Richmond Chamber, 2012 – 2016
- Graduate, Virginia Commonwealth University, bachelor’s degree in English with focuses in linguistics and creative writing
- Certificant, University of Richmond, Adult Teaching
A content professional for over a decade, Deanna helps organizations and professionals nationwide embrace their voice and deliver strategically crafted content. From teaching work-place writing skills to supporting plain language and beyond, Deanna grounds her work in an analytical, creative approach to language. She helps clients create clarity with precision and skill, so they can transform convoluted messaging into clear, compelling communication.
Deanna has served organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses across industries such as financial services and scientific R&D. Prior to co-founding Zuula, she served as a copywriter in the marketing headquarters for Wachovia Securities and was a free-lance journalist.
Language holds infinite power in our lives. To be responsible and caring (and engaging!) with that power is one of the most incredible strengths we can embrace.
Write short fiction, poetry, memoirs, screenplays, etc. I create ink and watercolor drawings, perform in a band, and enjoy frolicking in the great outdoors. I also volunteer in my community and serve as Vice Chair of the Board for The Podium Foundation.